Victor David Hanson: "Why then do I see blue sky and a break in the present storms?" He gives six reasons for a resurgence of America when Obama departs. An economic boom in the US is good for its neighbors.
|Professor V.D. Hanson|
1. The constitution tends always towards stable government and respecting it will be in vogue again.
2. Fracking, new oil and gas reserves, and a friendly administration will add millions of jobs and end reliance on enemies for fuel.
3. Private enterprise has been accumulating cash reserves because of government-induced uncertainty. When the costs of investment are known again, business will supply pent-up consumer demand.
4. People are calling b.s. on increasing debt, taxes and endless unemployment insurance. Government is not Tinkerbell's magic wand.
5. Because the US tried making nice internationally without a payoff, leaders will re-accept that the US is a global power and stand up for its interests accordingly. The bullies in the schoolyard will behave better.
6. The US military is improved and unmatched in the world, better respected at home as well as abroad.
|Into the sunset. Buh-bye|
" Still, let us cheer up a bit. The country always knew, but for just a bit forgot, that you cannot print money and borrow endlessly. It always knew that bureaucrats were less efficient than employers. It knew that Guantanamo was not a gulag and Iraq was not “lost.” But given the anguish over Iraq, the anger at Bush, the Obama postracial novelty and “centrist” façade, and the Freddie/Fannie/Wall Street collapse, it wanted to believe what it knew might not be true. Now three years of Obama have slapped voters out of their collective trance.
The spell has now passed; and we are stronger for its passing. There is going to be soon a sense of relief that we have not experienced in decades. In short, sadder but wiser Americans will soon be turned loose with a vigor unseen in decades".