Wednesday 11 April 2012

T. Boone Pickens: Fracking means bye bye OPEC.

Fracking will re-balance world power as America and other lands adopt the technology and take the bottleneck out of energy supply.  OPEC will be retired and you can forget about warships in the Gulf of Hormuz. That's how I summarize the Pickens interview.

T. Boone Pickens “Let me tell you, you are looking at a fundamental change in energy globally... The OPEC nations are going to have the power taken away from them that they’ve enjoyed for the last twenty years.” Interviewed on Morning Joe he points to his credentials on alternative energy, saying, "I lost my ass in wind."

“They don’t have an energy policy,” Brzezinski followed by asking if Obama has done anything to increase oil production. He replied, “It has nothing to do with the administration… We’ve gotten someplace, but it’s because of technology advanced by the industry.”

Cheap oil is bigger than "Green".  I love the idea of powering my home and gadgets with the sun and the wind but until it's cheaper than the alternative, task by task, it's a waste and a boondoggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment