Tuesday 21 January 2020

Two good cups of coffee from one Keurig K cup (Update)

When you know the first four ounces of coffee are strongest, the rest is easy.  Run 4 ounces into my cup.  Then 8 ounces into my wife's cup.  Then 4 more ounces into my cup.   Strong enough for great coffee taste, a little milder than one original cup.  Costco sells their brand of coffee for about 40 cents/K cup.  This split takes you to 20 cents/cup, competitive with brew-from-scratch.

Update:  My wife suggests a tweak:  Drip all 16 ounces of coffee at once into something hot.  Then pour two 8 ounce cups to get a perfectly matched pair of drinks.    BTW, a hot cup for a hot drink keeps it hot far longer.  I like to pour really hot water from the tap or kettle into the cups, dumping it back out when I'm ready to make the coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment